Sponsored by the Children’s Services Division
Register at my OLC | Registration Deadline: 10/10/23
Member: $35* | Non-member: $70
*Individual members or staff of OLC Institutional Member Libraries.
Children with autism and other developmental disabilities live in your community, no matter the size or location. As welcoming, friendly, and inclusive as you are, families may still refrain from bringing their children to your traditional storytimes for fear of disrupting the group. Offering a special program for these families is a powerful way to let them know they are welcome in your library.
During this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Create an experience that is fun for all kids and appropriate for those with Autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities.
- Select program appropriate titles and activities for Sensory Storytimes
- Present and adapt programs for multiple ages and audiences
- Deliver programs that allow children to continue learning and skill building beyond storytime.
- Provide a comfortable setting for children with disabilities and their families to enjoy the library.
Presenter: Grace Walker, Youth Services Librarian with the Pickerington Public Library, has more than ten years of experience in special education and Applied Behavioral Analysis.
Intended Audience: Library staff who serve children and teens
Participation in the live webinar and/or access to the archived version at a later date, resources (if applicable) provided by the presenters.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this webinar counts as (1) continuing education contact hour of credit.