Associate membership in the OLC is open to any commercial entity that provides products and services to public libraries. The OLC’s enhanced Associate Member program is designed for companies and individuals who want to maintain a connection with public librarians, market their services, and have access to information about the issues and challenges libraries face every day. This is a non-voting membership category.
The OLC’s Associate Member Vendor Mall is featured on the OLC website and allows librarians and library trustees to peruse information about vendors that can fulfill their program and service needs. Associate members can place information about their companies in one or more product categories and add a link that will direct users to their company website for more comprehensive information.
Annual membership (January 1 – December 31) dues for Associate members are $450. Associate members can join at any time but there is no proration of dues.
Benefits of OLC Associate Membership:
- Subscription to the OLC’s print and/or electronic publications (to one representative of the entity)
- Member rates for all company representatives to attend OLC events (with the exception of the annual Convention and Expo).
- An invitation to submit programming proposals for the OLC’s conferences and other professional development workshops
- Early notification of exhibition opportunities at the OLC Expo
- Recognition as an Associate Member in the OLC Expo on-site program and each year in OLC member publications.
- Early notification of OLC conference sponsorship opportunities.
- Spotlighted as a “Featured Vendor” on a rotating basis in OLC’s weekly e-newsletter to library directors.
- Inclusion in the OLC Vendor Mall.
OLC Associate Members
The current Associate Members of the Ohio Library Council include:
- Bricker and Graydon
- CBLH Design Inc.
- Collective Spaces Design Works
- Contract Source Inc.
- Gumdrop Books
- HBM Architects
- K4 Architecture
- Midwest Tape | hoopla
- Ohio Plan
- Organizational Architecture
- Sheehan Nagle Hartray Architects
- Triad Architects
Bricker and Graydon LLP provides legal services in levy planning, bond financing, and construction issues. For more information go to brickergraydon.com
CBLH Design, Inc.
CBLH Design, Inc. is an experienced leader in the architectural community. Our mission is to provide personalized architectural design services emphasizing commitment, integrity and innovation. We understand the complex and evolving issues that our clients face in today’s environment and we strive to develop highly competent solutions in response to these needs. Founded in 1971, CBLH Design has provided exceptional design services for numerous library projects in northern Ohio . Our hands-on approach is one that closely relates to owners, operators and managers to insure that new, expanded and modernized facilities meet program requirements, budgets and schedules successfully. CBLH believes that library design must respect all the varied activities of intended use. Today’s libraries have become community centers providing information, education and recreation for all residents of a community. Library design should reflect stability and character and, when possible, the unique identity of the specific communities they serve. For more information go to cblhdesign.com.
Every room has a purpose. Our goal at Collective Spaces is to bring that purpose to life with unique and functional designs that inspire creativity and learning, encourage fellowship, and foster focus and organization. Having worked in the library and furniture sales industries for more than 20 years, we have nurtured a true passion for library design and space planning. Collective Spaces offers design, furniture, shelving and consulting services with the goal of providing a complete interior solution for our library partners. For more information go to collectivespacesdw.com.
Contract Source is a full service furniture dealer specializing in library, higher education, and senior living markets for more than 33 years. Our mission is to be the industry standard in personal service, industry expertise, product knowledge, and resources. Our goal is to exceed our clients’ expectations. For more information go to: contractsource.com.
Why Gumdrop Books?
Extensive Selection of PreK to College Level Materials
- Choose from hundreds of our publisher partners
- Exclusive provider of Fitzgerald Books™
- Thousands of Spanish and Bilingual titles including 14 World Languages
- Newest releases of fiction and non-fiction materials
- Home of Scan N Go Discovery – Provides unlimited digital access for patrons
Enhanced Services and Products
- Free library services powered by Mitinet Library Services (our sister company)
- Customized curated lists of new releases makes purchasing more efficient
Order with Confidence
- High fulfillment rate exceeding 97%
- All materials pre-discounted up to 70%
- Short turn-around times (orders typically received within 20 business days)
- Reinforced library bindings provide Gumdrop Books Replacement Guarantee*
- 24/7 shopping at shop.gumdropbooks.com
- Free shipping within the U.S. and Canada and flexible payment terms
Exceptional Customer Service
- Local, expert Educational Consultants to help make purchasing enjoyable
- Prompt-free Customer Service Department to provide personalized service
- Exceptional Service, Unconditionally Guaranteed
Learn more at gumdropbooks.com.
HBM is a nationally recognized architectural firm focused on library planning, and design throughout the country. Our growth nationwide and history of success with libraries is built on our collaborative approach to design and community engagement. We have worked with more than 700 libraries since the firm was established in 1976. Our projects range from 3,000-300,000 square feet and everything in between. Our in-house services include planning, programming facility assessment, site analysis, budget and schedule development, comprehensive interior design, energy efficient design, and fundraising support. We are known for a broach range of design solutions and architectural styles because we create buildings that resonate with the unique character of each community. For more information go to hbmarchitects.com.
555 Gest Street
Cincinnati, OH 45203
Phone: (513) 842-5454
K4 is an integrated team of Architecture, Interior & Graphic Design, Construction, Marketing, and Administrative professionals that design, build, and remodel commercial buildings with a particular focus on financial, retail, medical, education, and multi-family sectors. In response to the changing needs of our clients, K4 has evolved into a full-service design firm and whether you need one or all of our services, we are happy to fit seamlessly into your project in any way that we can. For more information go to k4architecture.com.
Midwest Tape and Hoopla
Located in northwest Ohio, Midwest Tape is a full-service distributor that has been serving public libraries in North America for over twenty years. Our company offers such services as flexible standing orders, VIP processing, electronic ordering, OCLC MARC Records, and a friendly customer service staff that is only a phone call away! On our free, user-friendly website, librarians will find over 120,000 DVD titles, 70,000 Music CD titles, 25,000 Audiobook titles, and 7,000 Playaway titles. For more information go to midwesttape.com
The Ohio Plan provides comprehensive liability and property coverage in addition to risk management services to Ohio libraries since 1988. For more information, visit ohioplan.org.
Organizational Architecture is a veteran-owned small business and was founded in 2007 to provide organizations with workforce strategy solutions that align with their organizational strategy.
We believe our approach differentiates us from other organizations that provide Human Resource services because we begin by asking questions about your organization, your clients, and your strategy. We are then able to provide solutions tailored to your specific needs and which support your strategy.
Our objectives include:
- Human Resources Consulting – Employee relations, compensation, benefits, training, and development, organizational design, performance, and compliance
- Recruiting and Talent Acquisition – Candidate sourcing, screening, and selection assistance.
- Temporary HR Contractors – Temporary HR consultants or contractors for when you have a need for extra staffing or expertise.
For more information, go to: oahumanresources.com
Sheehan Nagle Hartray Architects (SNH-A) are library design experts. SNH-A’s greatest strength related to library projects is the depth of their public library design experience. Many of the libraries they have designed have been honored with design awards. Their success is the result of several interrelated qualities. They focus on the values of the communities that will use their buildings. This naturally leads to meaningful civic architecture that communities embrace. SNH-A are confident in their creativity. It takes conviction in their talent to believe they can find a way to express the values of a community through architectural design. SNH-A staff is mature and has been working together long enough that, similar to a family, they have found complementary roles that cumulatively make an unequaled design team.
For more information, go to: snh-a.com
200 Public Square #2955
Cleveland, OH 44114
Stifel’s Public Finance professionals specialize in raising capital to build and maintain essential infrastructure in the communities they serve. From some of the nation’s largest states, cities, and counties to rural school districts and small towns and nearly everything in between, our municipal banking and underwriting groups work with issuers to develop and implement financing strategies that allow them to operate and optimize the important work they do.
For more information, go to: stifelinstitutional.com
Triad is a full-service architecture, construction, and development firm located in Columbus, Ohio. We bring together unique perspectives, top-talent, experience, and expertise to our work. We believe that design begins with people. Inspired people do inspired work. We take our values seriously, and we invest in people who share our belief in authenticity, passion, integrity, adaptability, analysis and communication. Our purpose is to utilize our skills and talents to make our clients’ visions become reality and to connect those visions with our clients’ communities. Together, we design, discover, build, and care for the communities they want to live in and leave for future generations.
For more information, go to: wearetriad.com