Virtual Workshop Series for New and Aspiring Directors
The transition to a new management role can be challenging even for experienced and highly-skilled employees. The OLC’s New Directors Workshop Series is created specifically for new and aspiring library directors who want to develop their management skills, confidence and effectiveness. This comprehensive leadership training will cover proven techniques and powerful strategies for success in your new role. The program will be delivered through five virtual workshops; each focusing on a specific area of education. You can attend the entire series, or choose the workshop(s) you would like to attend.
Entire Workshop Series: Member: $190* | Non-member: $380
One Workshop: Member: $50* | Non-member: $100
*OLC Individual members or staff of OLC Institutional member libraries.
- Workshop 1: Essential Knowledge
July 29, 2021
- Workshop 2: Essential Knowledge (Part Two)
Aug. 3, 2021
- Workshop 3: Essential Human Resources Management
Aug. 16, 2021
- Workshop 4: Essential Visibility
Aug. 24, 2021
- Workshop 5: Essential Administration
Aug. 31, 2021
Who Should Attend: Library directors with less than three years of experience as a director, interim or acting directors, or library staff with management and/or administrative experience who aspire to become a library director.
- Electronic handouts provided by the instructors.
- Access to workshop recordings for up to 30 days following event.
- Free digital copy of the OLC publication, Ohio Public Library Administrator’s Handbook.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this workshop series counts as 25 hours (5 hours per workshop).