Today’s rapidly evolving technology landscape challenges those responsible for library IT to create innovative solutions and develop best practices to meet the needs of our communities. The OLC will host Right Click 2023: The Library IT Conference on November 3 at the Quest Conference Center in Columbus. This conference is a unique opportunity for library IT professionals, administrators, and support staff to share their knowledge and discuss current technology challenges.
- Cybersecurity threats and preparedness, including the new Ohio Persistent Cyber Improvement (O-PCI) program
- Best practices for making productive and safe use of ChatGPT and Generative AI
- How to run an efficient and effective IT department
- How to sharpen your skills through Ohio’s TechCred program
- How to connect patrons and staff to technology through equipment, programs and services
The agenda and speaker information is available on the OLC website. Attendees are encouraged to submit questions now for the IT Discussion Forum which will be held during the conference. The registration fee is $95 for Individual members or staff of OLC institutional member libraries (Non-member fee: $190). The deadline to register is Oct. 27.