The Ohio Library Council (OLC) is pleased to announce that Laura Lee Wilson, director of the Huron County Community Library, will serve as Chair of its Board of Directors, replacing Tom Dillie, director of the Minerva Public Library, who will serve as Past Chair. Sarah Clevidence, director of the Findlay-Hancock County Public Library is Chair-Elect and Mary Ellen Icaza, director of the Stark County District Library is Secretary-Treasurer. All officers will serve one-year terms.
The board also welcomed three new members:
- Kathy Bach, Public Services Director, Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library
- Julianne Bedel, Director, Medina County District Library
- Robert Jenkins, Trustee with Dr. Samuel L. Bossard Memorial Library of Gallia County
Returning board members for 2023 include:
- Aimee Fifarek, Director, Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County
- Carol Herrick, Trustee, Washington-Centerville Public Library
- Cheryl Kuonen, Director, Mentor Public Library
- Melissa Marolt, Director, Perry County District Library
- Jennifer Slone, Access Director, Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library
- Richard Rubin, Trustee, Cuyahoga Falls Public Library
“These volunteer leaders strengthen our organization with their diverse experiences, skills, and backgrounds,” said Michelle Francis, executive director of the Ohio Library Council. “This is a busy time for our members. We know the pandemic created learning loss for many children. Our libraries are working hard to help students catch up by expanding services and partnering with schools. Many libraries are providing these services from aging buildings in need of repair and with significant staffing shortages. I’m grateful for these leaders who have stepped up to continue our mission and to ensure that Ohio’s public libraries remain the best in the nation.”
The OLC would also like to thank outgoing directors Kacie Armstrong, Director of the Euclid Public Library; Chad Seeberg, Trustee of the Marysville Public Library; and Paula Brehm-Heeger, the Eva Jane Romaine Coombe Director of the Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library for their many years of service and vast contributions during their time on the OLC board.