The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee is responsible for recommending ways in which the OLC can address diversity as it relates to the library profession in general and to the Ohio library community. Aspects of diversity include but are not limited to age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation and ethnicity. Through training, speakers, workshops, and publications, the Committee serves as a resource on diversity to the OLC and its membership.
Tara Shiman, Chair (2023)
Andrea Fisher, Past Chair (2021)
Lakewood Public Library
Work: 216-226-8275 127
Natalie Dielman (2023)
Way Public Library
Work: 419-874-3135 112
Megan Francis (2023)
Dayton Metro Library
Erika Hogan (2021)
Natalie Jemiola (2022)
Westlake Porter Public Library
Samantha Nicholson (2023)
Willoughby-Eastlake Public Library
Jordan Valentine (2023)
Holly Walter (2023)
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
Board Liaison: Kacie Armstrong
PDC Liaison: Maggie Killman
Staff Liaison: Michelle Francis
Goals and Objectives
- Continue to share resources on the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion webpage, as well as share on OLC’s social media channels.
- Submit articles on diversity for the OLC Access newsletter.
- Create Buttons, literature, raffle for OLC Connect.
- Establish a speakers bureau (coordinate with PDC).
- Create an EDI spotlight for the OLC newsletter to highlight what other Ohio libraries are doing to support EDI.
- Create a religious/cultural holiday calendar to send to OLC membership, to ensure that programs and events are not scheduled on holidays and observances.