The Small Libraries Division represents the interests of small libraries in Ohio, and provides a forum for administrators, staff members, and trustees to discuss issues of particular concern to small libraries.
Daphne Silchuk-Ashcraft, Coordinator (2021)
Orrville Public Library
Brenda Miller, Assistant Coordinator (2021)
New Madison Public Library
Kathleen Webb, Secretary (2021)
Marvin Memorial Library
Work: 419-347-5576 x303
Nicole Baker, Past Coordinator (2021)
St. Paris Public Library
Tara Sidwell (2021)
Kate Love Simpson-Morgan County Library
Doug Walsh (2022)
St. Clairsville Public Library
Work: 740-695-2062 x612
Kathy Zappitello (2022)
Conneaut Public Library
Board Liaison: Tom Dillie
PDC Liaison: Luke Bentley
Staff Liaison: Michelle Francis
Goals and Objectives
1) Explore more effective ways to inform and support small libraries throughout the state.
- Introduce Small Libraries Division at New Directors Workshop
- Promote the Administrator Forums to attract more attendees.
- Have a specialized discussion topic at each forum.
- Choose five strategic locations around the state to make it as convenient as possible for administrators to attend.
- Make one site a telecommunications location.
- Monthly/Quarterly virtual meetings available for Small Library Directors.
- Assign a topic for each meeting.
- Develop more content for the OLC Small Libraries Division web page.
- Update the Small Libraries Division trifold brochure.
2) Offer programs on topics of interest to small libraries at the 2021 Convention and Expo and standalone conferences.
- Propose a small libraries Director roundtable lunch and learn.
- Continue collaboration with other OLC Divisions and Committees to gear program topics toward small libraries.
- Investigate the possibility of holding programs aimed at small libraries on a specific day to make it more convenient for small library Directors and staff who can only attend one day of Convention and Expo.