The Small Libraries Division represents the interests of small libraries in Ohio, and provides a forum for administrators, staff members, and trustees to discuss issues of particular concern to small libraries.
Tara Sidwell, Coordinator (2022)
Kate Love Simpson-Morgan County Library
Amee Sword, Assistant Coordinator (2022)
Wornstaff Memorial Public Library
Brenda Miller, Secretary (2022)
New Madison Public Library
Daphne Silchuk-Ashcraft, Past Coordinator (2022)
Orrville Public Library
Brock Hutchison (2023)
Louisville Public Library
Doug Walsh (2022)
St. Clairsville Public Library
Work: 740-695-2062 612
Kathy Zappitello (2022)
Conneaut Public Library
Board Liaison: Melissa Marolt
PDC Liaison: Luke Bentley
Staff Liaison: Michelle Francis
Goals and Objectives
1) Explore more effective ways to inform and support small libraries throughout the state.
- Action Council will meet quarterly or as needed.
- Provide current information to introduce Small Libraries Division at New Directors Workshop.
- Schedule quarterly (virtual) Small Library Director forum/meetings.
- Promote the (virtual) Director Forums to attract more small library attendees.
- Plan a specialized discussion topic at each forum.
- Create a Small Library Survey (2022).
- Update the Small Libraries Division tri-fold brochure.
2) Offer programs on topics of interest to small libraries at the 2022 Convention and Expo and standalone conferences.
- Submit a proposal for a small libraries Director roundtable
- Continue collaboration with other OLC Divisions and Committees to gear program topics toward small libraries.
- Utilize information gathered from Small Library Survey for future program and forum topics of interest.
3) Discuss and potentially redefine the definition of small library.
Annual Report (PDF)