The Membership Committee develops the OLC’s membership recruitment and retention strategies, advises staff on implementation, and promotes OLC membership in a variety of venues and in conjunction with other Committees and Divisions.
Kathleen Mockensturm, Chair (2024)
Akron-Summit County Public Library
Roger Donaldson, Secretary (2023)
Jackson City Library
Sarah Bihn, Student Representative (2023)
Beverly Arlequeeuw (2025)
Logan County Libraries
Martha Griffin (2024)
MidPointe Library System
Bradley Kuykendall (2025)
Dayton Metro Library
Maria Sferra (2023)
Lia Silver (2024)
Athens County Public Libraries
Board Liaison: Tom Dillie
Staff Liaison: Jeanine D’Andrea
The Membership Committee is composed of a chair, assistant chair and several at-large members. The committee works in conjunction with other unit coordinators and chairs to publicize OLC and its activities.
Goal 1: To effectively retain established members of OLC.
- Communicate the benefits of OLC membership with current members.
Goal 2: To recruit new members to OLC.
- Increase individual membership at libraries in 2022.
- Promote value of student membership in OLC in 2022.
- Promote value of membership in OLC to Metro Libraries.
GOAL 3: To inspire member engagement and inclusion.
- Communicate opportunities for member participation in the OLC.