SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD
Recognizes the achievements of a library employee or group of employees such as, but not limited to: community engagement and/or outreach; fiscal officers, human resources, technical services, marketing, extension services, para-professionals, library administrators, IT personnel, clerks, clerical staff.
Library employee or group of employees with Individual Membership in OLC or employed by a library that is an Institutional Member of OLC.
1) Contributions to local library development are significant and merit recognition; 2) Excellence in performing their jobs including contributions enabling the library to best serve its constituents; 3) Exhibits stellar customer service internally and externally; 4) Works to build networks with organizations and/or groups to back excellence in library work; and/or 5) displays exceptional achievements in community engagement and/or outreach performed by a library employee or group of employees.
Brett Neff, at email@example.com, if you need further information about the Service Excellence Award.
As a nominator, the success of your nominee rests largely with your ability to answer the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this person or group? [Word limit: 50]
- What contributions has the individual or group made to local library development that are significant and merit recognition? [Word limit: 300]
- In what ways does the person or group exhibit stellar customer service internally and externally and/or promote community engagement? [Word limit: 300]
- What organizations and/or groups has the nominee worked with to display further excellence in the library? [Word limit: 300]
- Share examples of nominee’s excellence in performing his/her job, including contributions enabling the library to best serve its constituents. [Word limit: 300]
As a nominator, you will need to:
(1) Obtain 3-5 testimonials from:
- Library board member
- Library director
- Immediate supervisor
- Staff, community leaders, patrons
- Past employees as appropriate
- Colleagues past and present (with current employer, from former employers)
- Coalition and/or project partners
Be prepared to upload these testimonials. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB).
(2) Obtain a copy of your Nominee’s resume, curriculum vitae (CV), or list of accomplishments. Copy and paste this information into the online form or upload the document. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB). You can also provide a link to the Nominee’s online biography or LinkedIn profile page.