LIBRARIAN OF THE YEAR
Honors a librarian whose recent accomplishments have impacted the library profession and/or library service to the community.
OLC member; MLIS; and demonstrates evidence of significant professional achievement in Ohio libraries within the past 3 years.
1) Exhibits distinguished service in the library community; 2) Demonstrates evidence of professional achievements; 3) Develops and implements new services; 4) Creates partnerships within the community to provide innovative services; and 5) Active involvement on the local and state level.
Contact Katie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need further information about the Librarian of the Year Award.
As a nominator, the success of your nominee rests largely with your ability to answer the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this person? [Word limit: 50]
- How has he/she displayed distinguished service in the community? [Word limit: 300]
- In what ways has the nominee created partnerships within the community to provide innovative services? [Word limit: 300]
- How has the nominee demonstrated professional achievement and played a role in local and/or state library organizations? [Word limit: 300]
- Share examples of new services the nominee has developed and implemented. [Word limit: 300]
As a nominator, you will need to:
(1) Obtain 3-5 testimonials from:
- Colleagues, staff, co-workers
- Library board, director and/or immediate supervisor
- Community leaders
- Library patrons
- Project partners
- Past employees as appropriate
Be prepared to upload these testimonials. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB).
(2) Obtain a copy of your Nominee’s resume, curriculum vitae (CV), etc. Copy and paste this information into the online form or upload the document. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB). You can also provide a link to the Nominee’s online biography or LinkedIn profile page.