SHARING OUR STORIES
2019 Convention and Expo
Duke Energy Convention Center and Hyatt Downtown Cincinnati
CALL FOR PROGRAMS:
The OLC is now accepting program proposal submissions for the 2019 Convention and Expo, Sept. 25-27, at the Duke Energy Convention Center and Hyatt in downtown Cincinnati. The deadline for submitting program proposals is Feb. 1, 2019. Please consider contacting one of the OLC’s Divisions or Committees to sponsor your submission. There are two forms for submitting program proposals: one for Ohio library presenters and one for library presenters outside of Ohio.
2019 Convention Program Submission Forms:
- Ohio Library Presenters – One Hour Sessions, LIBchats, and Poster Sessions (PDF)
- Non-Ohio Library Presenters – One Hour Sessions and LIBchats (PDF)
2019 Convention and Expo Chair
Patty Marsh, Akron-Summit County Public Library
2019 Program Committee Chair
Trinity Lescallett, Tiffin-Seneca Public Library
2019 Expo Committee Chair
Steve Moser, Dayton Metro Library
2019 Local Arrangements Committee Chair
Kathy Bach, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
In this era when some people feel libraries can be replaced by the internet or believe that ‘no one reads anymore anyway,’ the myriad of things we do and how we impact lives matters more than ever before. And showing what libraries do is often best accomplished not by numbers, but by stories that our citizens, community leaders, and boards can relate to. There is nothing else as impactful and nothing else makes a difference in people’s lives as much as good, caring service. It is at the core of every collection, program, activity, partnership, and relationship we undertake. And it is essential in every library employee. The 2019 Convention and Expo is an opportunity to refresh your skills, build your knowledge, and reconnect to what brought you to libraries.
- One hour session: Breakout session that is 60 minutes.
- Un-program: a moderator-facilitated discussion among a group of participants.
- LIBchat (Library Interesting Briefs): A short, 10-15 minute session on a thought-provoking topic meant to introduce ideas to the group with no discussion or Q&A. Does not include audio-visual elements.
- Poster session: a visual representation of an educational topic that is displayed at another event. May include informational handouts.
Exhibitor Opportunities (to come)