Sponsored by the Teen Services Division
Five topics, five webinars. We know both your budget and time are limited, so we’ll discuss all the books you need to know about during the OLC’s Teen Readers’ Advisory Webinar Series:
- A Booktalking Masterclass | April 12
- Just the Facts, Ma’am: All the Best in Non-Fiction for Teens | April 19
- From Right to Left: Demystifying Manga for Your Teens | April 26
- You Can Lead a Teen to Books and You CAN Make Them Read | May 3
- Jazz Hands with a Wrist Cast On: Diverse Books, Sometimes Painful, but Also Fun | May 10
Select one or more webinars in which to participate or select the entire series. Registration limited to 98 attendees. Please register early.
SINGLE Webinar Fee: Member: $20* | Non-member $40
ENTIRE SERIES (all 5 webinars): Member: $50* | Non-member $100
*Individual members or staff of OLC Institutional member libraries.
A Booktalking Masterclass (Webinar 1)
Date: April 12, 2017 @ 2:00 p.m.
Presenter: Christina Getrost, Teen Services Librarian, Stow Munroe Fall Public Library
Register @ my OLC | Deadline to register: 04/5/17
Whether you’re new to booktalking or are a veteran looking for new ideas and inspiration to spice up your booktalks, this webinar is for you! Christina Getrost, Teen Services Librarian with Stow Munroe Fall Public Library will share basic do’s and don’ts of booktalking for a teen audience and provide several sample booktalks from her repertoire.
Learning Objectives: You’ll learn how to:
- Choose the right books
- Create booktalks that even the most reluctant teen can’t ignore
- Avoid common pitfalls
- Use booktalk tips and tricks that you can implement right away in your library
Intended Audience: Librarians and library staff who work in the Children and/or Teen area of the library.
What’s Included: Participation in the live webinar and/or access to the archived version at a later date. Resources (if applicable) provided by the presenter.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this webinar counts as (1) continuing education contact hour of credit.
Primary Ohio Public Library Core Competencies Addressed: Reading Advisory skills