8405 Pulsar Pl
Columbus, OH 43240
Sponsored by the Ohio Library Council
Registration opens in January | Registration Deadline: Feb. 29
This workshop will focus on what every library trustee needs to know, including boardmanship, legal issues, library funding, working with your director, and library finances. You will also learn about services that the OLC offers to its member libraries and their trustees. Although designed for relatively new library trustees, those with years of experience will find this workshop to be a good refresher.
- Learn how to be an effective Board member and how to work with your library’s director and staff.
- Make sense of your library’s finances and understand how libraries are funded in Ohio.
- Get an update on the latest legislative issues at the Statehouse including the Public Library Fund (PLF).
- Gain a better understanding of the legal questions library trustees often ask.
- Learn more about the services that OLC provides to trustees.
Intended Audience: Any member of a public library Board of Trustees. The OLC encourages new trustees as well as current trustees to attend this educational event.
What’s Included: Attendees will receive a copy of the Ohio Public Library Trustees’ Handbook and all workshop handouts as provided by the presenters. Morning coffee and light refreshments as well as lunch will be provided.
Agenda (to come)
Accommodations: For a list of hotels near the Quest Conference Center, please contact email@example.com or call 614-410-8092.