SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD
Recognizes the achievements of a library employee such as, but not limited to: fiscal officers, human resources, technical services, marketing, extension services, para-professionals, library administrators, IT personnel, clerks, clerical Staff.
1) Contributions to local library development are significant and merit recognition; 2) Excellence in performing their jobs including contributions enabling the library to best serve its constituents; 3) Exhibits stellar customer service internally and externally; and 4) Works to build networks with organizations and/or groups to back excellence in library work.
Contact Erin Wen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information about the Service Excellence Award.
As a nominator, the success of your nominee rests largely with your ability to answer the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this person?
- What contributions has the nominee made to local library development that are significant and merit recognition?
- In what ways does the nominee exhibit stellar customer service internally and externally?
- What organizations and/or groups has the nominee worked with to display further excellence in the library?
- Share examples of nominee’s excellence in performing his/her job, including contributions enabling the library to best serve its constituents.
As a nominator, you will need to:
(1) Obtain 3-5 testimonials from:
- Library board member
- Library director
- Immediate supervisor
- Staff, community leaders, patrons
- Past employees as appropriate
- Colleagues past and present (with current employer, from former employers)
- Coalition and/or project partners
Be prepared to upload these testimonials. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB).
(2) Obtain a copy of your Nominee’s resume, curriculum vitae (CV), or list of accomplishments. Copy and paste this information into the online form or upload the document. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB). You can also provide a link to the Nominee’s online biography or LinkedIn profile page.