LIBRARY INNOVATION AWARD
Recognizes the wide variety of expertise, creative talent, and successful initiatives incorporated in Ohio public libraries, regardless of size. OLC will promote the winning entries on a statewide and national level.
OLC member and/or Institutional member (an individual, group or team of individuals, specific library department, and/or branch, or a public library)
1) Program or initiative that breaks new ground in library service, programming, etc.; 2) Significantly benefits employees, library patrons, library operations, or the community-at-large; and 3) Program or initiative can be replicated in other Ohio libraries.
Contact Maria Sferra at email@example.com if you need further information about the Library Innovation Award.
As a nominator, the success of your nominee rests largely with your ability to answer the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this person?
- In what way does this program or initiative break new ground in library service, programming, etc.?
- How does this innovation significantly benefit employees, library patrons, library operations, or the community at-large?
- Can this program or initiative be replicated in other Ohio libraries? If so, what limitation may arise regarding scale?
- Have any other libraries attempted this initiative? Were they successful?
As a nominator, you will need to:
(1) Obtain 3-5 testimonials from:
- Library board member
- Library director
- Immediate supervisor
- Staff, community leaders, patrons
- Past employees as appropriate
- Colleagues past and present (with current employer, from former employers)
- Coalition and/or project partners
Be prepared to upload these testimonials. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB).
(2) Obtain a copy of your Nominee’s resume, curriculum vitae (CV), or list of accomplishments. Copy and paste this information into the online form or upload the document. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB). You can also provide a link to the Nominee’s online biography or LinkedIn profile page.