Archived Version of Audiobook Advisory Webinar Now Available
Audiobook Advisory Webinar: How to Talk to Your Patrons about Talking Books
According to Pew Research Center, one out of every five Americans listens to audiobooks. It’s no surprise since audiobooks enable listeners to enjoy their favorite titles while driving, walking, exercising, and more. The OLC hosted a webinar this week on everything you need to know about audiobooks, including digital audiobook apps, physical audiobook containers, and devices required for use.
- Create a list of audiobook advisory resources (including titles for family road trips and non-fiction).
- Identify audiobook genres by cover.
- Gain a better understanding of the numerous ways audio materials are distributed.
- Learn strategies for having conversations with patrons about audiobooks.
- Maggie Rose, Librarian, Twinsburg Public Library
- Chris Labib, Adult Services Librarian, Kent Free Library
[Run time: 1 hour 3 minutes]