Ohio’s public libraries can now apply for the $18.3 million in Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds that were approved by the Ohio Controlling Board at the end of July. The new Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) – Public Library Assistance Program will be administered by the Ohio Office of Budget and Management (OBM).
Each library system in Ohio may request up to $25,000 for each main and branch location(s). The OLC advocated for these funds to help offset the unanticipated costs of safely operating library facilities during the pandemic. The money can be used towards increased sanitation of public library buildings and the purchase of PPE, including hand sanitizer, face masks, gloves, thermometers, Plexiglas barriers, and large bins to quarantine returned library materials.
On Aug. 18, the OLC hosted a webinar with OBM Director Kim Murnieks and Ohio Auditor of State’s (AOS) Center for Audit Excellence Single Audit Coordinator Courtney Shalosky and their staffs on how to apply for the funding, eligibility rules, acceptable uses, and reporting requirements.
[Run time: 1 hour 12 minutes]
- Kim Murnieks, Director, OBM
- Stacie Massey, Ohio Grants Partnership Senior Financial Manager, OBM
- Courtney Shalosky, Center for Audit Excellence Single Audit Coordinator, AOS
- Rhonda Kline, Center for Audit Excellence Chief of Professional Standards, AOS
- Nadia Wenrick, Deputy Chief Legal Counsel, AOS
- Cody Stanton, Assistant Legal Counsel, AOS
- Keely McWhorter, Assistant Legal Counsel, AOS
- Michelle Francis, Executive Director, Ohio Library Council
Be sure to scroll down and click on the link: CARES Act – Coronavirus Relief Fund – Public Libraries
OBM Guidance and Frequently-Asked Questions:
Auditor of State’s Resources:
- COVID-19 assistance
- FAQ document (PDF, 22 pages)
- UPDATE 9/1/20: The Auditor of State’s (AOS) Office recently updated their guidance on transfers and reimbursing expenditures. The full FAQ is available on the AOS website.
- UPDATE 9/9/20: UAN User Note (PDF, 4 pages)
U.S. Department of Treasury Assistance:
- Public Libraries To Receive $18.3 Million in CARES Act Funding
(originally posted: 7/27/20)