The Intellectual Freedom Committee is responsible for maintaining OLC’s policies on intellectual freedom and for offering guidance for specific Ohio problems, works with other committees and the OLC Board of Directors as the need arises, and maintains communication and interaction with other groups whose objectives parallel those of OLC in the area of intellectual freedom.
Intellectual Freedom Resources
Includes toolkits, important links, educational games and more.
Check us out on Twitter @!
Jennifer Farrell, Chair (2021)
Huron County Community Library
Work: 419-933-8564 1001
Becky Woodruff, Asst. Chair (2021)
Delaware County District Library
Ashley Balay (2022)
Licking County Library
Work: 740-349-5500 x. 434
Jonathan Harris (2023)
Portage County District Library
Work: 330-527-5082 219
Ariel Johnson (2023)
Mentor Public Library
Matthew Kish (2021)
Dayton Metro Library
Coleman Mahler (2023)
Chad Statler (2022)
Westlake-Porter Public Library
Board Liaison: Kacie Armstrong
PDC Liaison: Bobbi Galvin
Staff Liaison: Jay Smith
Purpose and Objectives
- Continue to offer intellectual freedom training sessions or educational presentations to member libraries and other organizations as requested.
- Promote intellectual freedom through contributions to Twitter, Access, and other viable means.
- Develop and submit program proposals for OLC’s 2021 Convention and Expo and other events.
- Create and disseminate intellectual freedom themed buttons.
- Promote Banned Books Week 2021.
- Recruit new members to join committee.