The OLC has put together a number of tools to help you become a powerful advocate for Ohio’s public libraries.
2020 Advocacy Calendar (PDF)
Month-by-month calendar of advocacy activities and ideas to use at your library throughout the year.
- “Did You Know?” Fact Sheet (PDF)
- History of Library Funding in Ohio (PDF)
- Public Libraries and Workforce Development (PDF)
- Find My Legislator – Ohio House and Senate
- Find your Legislative Network contact (PDF)
- Format for Legislative Office Visit (PDF)
- Contact Information and Social Media Accounts for the 133rd General Assembly
Excel file (2 tabs – one for House; one for Senate)
Tools and Templates
- Who’s My Legislator? bookmark template (PDF)
- How Our Library is Funded template (PDF)
- Library Statistics template (PDF)
Return on Investment
Local ROI Calculator (download Excel spreadsheet)
Within the document are four tabs:
- Instructions on how to complete the calculator
- Actual ROI Calculator
- Explanation of what the ROI figures mean and how to utilize them; and
- Notes on the pricing and cost assumptions.
NOTE: It is helpful to print the “Instructions” worksheet first and gather your information before entering the data.
- provide public access to the Internet, computers and the latest technology (including mobile WiFi hotspots, 3-D printers, and more).
- help Ohioans find jobs and provide online educational courses.
- offer literacy and homework help for children.
- serve as the hub for their community and a place for people to gather.
- collaborate with private groups as well as state and local government entities to help deliver local services.
- provide life-long learning opportunities and programming for all ages.
- offer personalized, one-on-one support to find unbiased and well researched information as well as community resources.