The OLC has put together a number of tools to help you become a powerful advocate for Ohio’s public libraries.
2020 Advocacy Calendar (PDF)
Month-by-month calendar of advocacy activities and ideas to use at your library throughout the year.
- “Did You Know?” Fact Sheet (PDF)
- History of Library Funding in Ohio (PDF)
- Public Libraries and Workforce Development (PDF)
- April 2020: Ohio’s Public Libraries Respond to COVID-19 Crisis (PDF)
- Sept. 2020: Public Libraries Support Students, Parents, Entire Communities During Pandemic (PDF)
- State Legislative Candidates and Addresses (download Excel file)
- Find My Legislator – Ohio House and Senate
- Contact Information and Social Media Accounts for the 133rd General Assembly
- Find your Legislative Network contact (PDF)
- Format for Legislative Office Visit (PDF)
Tools and Templates
- Who’s My Legislator? bookmark template (PDF)
- How Our Library is Funded template (PDF)
- Library Statistics template (PDF)
- Letter from the Director template | Word or PDF
Return on Investment
Local ROI Calculator (download Excel spreadsheet)
Within the document are four tabs:
- Instructions on how to complete the calculator
- Actual ROI Calculator
- Explanation of what the ROI figures mean and how to utilize them; and
- Notes on the pricing and cost assumptions.
NOTE: It is helpful to print the “Instructions” worksheet first and gather your information before entering the data.
- provide public access to the internet, computers and the latest technology (including mobile WiFi hotspots, 3-D printers, and more).
- help Ohioans find jobs and provide online educational courses and tech training.
- offer literacy and homework help for children.
- serve as the hub for their community and a place for people to gather (at a 6-foot distance, of course!).
- collaborate with private groups, food banks, and state and local government entities to help deliver local services.
- provide life-long learning opportunities and programming for all ages.
- offer personalized, one-on-one support to find unbiased and well researched information as well as community resources.