Ohio’s public libraries announced a new venture with LinkedIn Learning that allows Ohioans free access to Lynda.com education courses with a valid Ohio library card. The agreement is the first-of-its-kind in the nation between LinkedIn and a statewide system of public libraries. Read more.
- Ohioans can get free, unlimited access to Lynda.com with a library card from one of Ohio’s 251 public library systems.
- Currently, there are 7,437 courses and 252,697 video tutorials available on Lynda.com.
- 100% of Lynda.com’s courses and instructors have moved to LinkedIn Learning. Ohioans can access the expert-led courses and video tutorials by logging in through their library’s website with a valid Ohio library card number and PIN. Directions on how to access Lynda.com with an Ohio library card.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS (PSA)
(1) New PSA that explains Lynda.com, its benefits to job seekers and employers, and how to access it for free with your Ohio library card. Download the video file (below) and use it on your library’s website, TV monitors, social media pages, or share with your local public access stations.
(2) One-minute PSA that explains how to access Lynda.com with an Ohio library card.
The Ohio Library Council (OLC), in conjunction with the Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN), hosted a training and marketing webinar on how Lynda.com works, how to implement it at your library, and how to promote it to your patrons and the community. The webinar also includes tips on how to use the toolkit materials listed below. An archived version of this webinar is available on the OLC website.
Sample Social Media Posts (PDF)
See social media graphics below
“How to use Lynda.com”