Sponsored by the Teen Services Division
Five topics, five webinars. We know both your budget and time are limited, so we’ll discuss all the books you need to know about during the OLC’s Teen Readers’ Advisory Webinar Series:
- A Booktalking Masterclass | April 12
- Just the Facts, Ma’am: All the Best in Non-Fiction for Teens | April 19
- From Right to Left: Demystifying Manga for Your Teens | April 26
- You Can Lead a Teen to Books and You CAN Make Them Read | May 3
- Jazz Hands with a Wrist Cast On: Diverse Books, Sometimes Painful, but Also Fun | May 10
Select one or more webinars in which to participate or select the entire series. Registration limited to 98 attendees. Please register early.
SINGLE Webinar Fee: Member: $20* | Non-member $40
ENTIRE SERIES (all 5 webinars): Member: $50* | Non-member $100
*Individual members or staff of OLC Institutional member libraries.
From Right to Left: Demystifying Manga for Your Teens (Webinar 3)
Date: April 26, 2017 @ 2:00 p.m.
Presenter: Kim Alberts, Youth Services Librarian, Akron-Summit County Public Library
Register @ my OLC | Deadline to register: 04/19/17
Have you thought about adding manga to your library’s collection, but don’t know where to start? Or do you want to build a better collection that your teens will love? Kim Alberts, Youth Services Librarian with the Akron-Summit County Public Library will take the mystery out of working with manga and explain how to add these titles to your collection.
Learning Objectives: You’ll learn:
- The lingo
- Best sources for collection development
- Core titles to have on the shelf
- Today’s most popular titles to teens
Intended Audience: Librarians and library staff who work in the Children and/or Teen area of the library.
What’s Included: Participation in the live webinar and/or access to the archived version at a later date, resources (if applicable) provided by the presenter.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this webinar counts as (1) continuing education contact hour of credit.
Primary Ohio Public Library Core Competencies Addressed: Reading Advisory skills