Sponsored by the Teen Services Division
Five topics, five webinars. We know both your budget and time are limited, so we’ll discuss all the books you need to know about during the OLC’s Teen Readers’ Advisory Webinar Series:
- A Booktalking Masterclass | April 12
- Just the Facts, Ma’am: All the Best in Non-Fiction for Teens | April 19
- From Right to Left: Demystifying Manga for Your Teens | April 26
- You Can Lead a Teen to Books and You CAN Make Them Read | May 3
- James Cook Book Award: Celebrating Diversity in Teen Literature | May 10
Select one or more webinars in which to participate or select the entire series. Registration limited to 98 attendees. Please register early.
SINGLE Webinar Fee: Member: $20* | Non-member $40
ENTIRE SERIES (all 5 webinars): Member: $50* | Non-member $100
*Individual members or staff of OLC Institutional member libraries.
James Cook Book Award: Celebrating Diversity in Teen Literature (Webinar 5)
Date: May 10, 2017 @ 2:00 p.m.
Presenters: Rikki Unterbrink, Youth Services Librarian, Shelby County Libraries and Missy Rivera, High School Librarian, Anna Local Schools
Register @ my OLC | Deadline to register: 05/03/17
If you’re curious about what it’s like to be on an award committee or just looking for more diverse books to share with your teens, don’t miss this scintillating webinar. Two members of the current James Cook Book Award Committee, Rikki Unterbrink and Missy Rivera, will discuss award criteria as well as titles that have been nominated. Rikki and Missy will also provide some friendly banter over which nominee is the most deserving winner of the award to be announced this fall.
Learning Objectives: You’ll learn more about:
- Selection criteria and nomination process for the James Cook Book Award: Celebrating Diversity in Teen Literature
- Titles in contention for the 2017 award
- Adding diverse books to your collection
Intended Audience: Librarians and library staff who work in the Children and/or Teen area of the library.
What’s Included: Participation in the live webinar and/or access to the archived version at a later date, resources (if applicable) provided by the presenter.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this webinar counts as (1) continuing education contact hour of credit.
Primary Ohio Public Library Core Competencies Addressed: Reading Advisory skills