2400 Olentangy River Rd
Columbus, OH 43210
Sponsored by: Ohio Library Council
Registration opens February 2018
Intended Audience: Directors, Deputy Directors, Library Management and Administration, Safety and Security Personnel.
Opioid and heroin abuse has become a public health crisis across the United States and Ohio’s public libraries are not immune from this crisis. This event is designed to help you understand the opioid epidemic and the challenges facing public libraries from a management perspective with an emphasis on keeping library staff and patrons safe. You’ll learn from the experts who are on the front lines of this fight including representatives from the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, law enforcement, first responders, attorneys as well as environmental health and public health specialists.
- The heroin and opioid abuse problem in Ohio and its impact on communities
- Liability and policy considerations for employers
- Proper procedures and protocols for cleaning-up unknown substances
- Resources and tools available to public libraries
- Community engagement strategies
- Developing a local coalition
- Practical solutions and best practices
Agenda to come.