This webinar was recorded and posted on the OLC website.
Sponsored by: Ohio Library Council
Register at my OLC | Deadline to register: 8/18/20
FREE* for OLC members only.
*Individual members or staff of OLC Institutional member libraries.
When registering, click “Finalize This Transaction” instead of “Pay Now” as there is no cost to participate.
When the physical library buildings closed in March due to COVID-19, many libraries remained “open” with a virtual library presence while simultaneously planning how to serve their communities further in new and innovative ways. Many libraries adapted quickly to the times by creating curbside and lobby services while updating existing services such as drive-through in order to offer customers access to physical materials, tax forms, printing services, and more.
Discover how libraries of different sizes have executed these services from a customer and staff perspective. During this webinar, you will learn more about:
- How libraries have adjusted and improved their processes and guidelines to ensure services are delivered in a safe and effective manner (even after some libraries have reopened their buildings to the public).
- How libraries have strengthened the one library, one team concept since other departments have played a pivotal role with delivering and supporting these services.
- How the inclusion of summer reading logs, prizes, and themed, activity-based grab-and-go kits have provided customers access to summer reading in a new way.
- How you can implement these ideas at your library.
This webinar will allow time for Q&A.
- Kacy Cox, Branch Manager, Columbus Metropolitan Library’s Whitehall Branch
- Katy Hite, Assistant Branch Manager, Delaware County District Library
- Ashley Mensah, Customer Services Manager, Pickerington Public Library
Learning Objective: Learn how to adapt your delivery processes from both the staff and customer perspective while keeping everyone safe.
Intended Audience: All public library staff.
What’s Included: Participation in the live webinar and/or access to the archived version at a later date, resources (if applicable) provided by the presenters.
NOTE: Webinar invitations and access information will be sent via e-mail. Please check that your correct e-mail address is listed in your my OLC profile page.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this webinar counts as 1.5 continuing education contact hours of credit.
Primary Ohio Public Library Core Competencies Addressed: Adaptability