Sponsored by: Ohio Library Council
Register at my OLC | Deadline to register: 8/18/20
FREE* for OLC members only.
*Individual members or staff of OLC Institutional member libraries.
When registering, click “Finalize This Transaction” instead of “Pay Now” as there is no cost to participate.
When Ohio’s public libraries closed their buildings in March to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, library staff quickly came up with ways to continue to serve their communities. Libraries are masters at adapting and this crisis only fueled their creativity. During this webinar, you’ll have the opportunity learn more about the amazing ideas implemented at Ohio’s public libraries during the pandemic. Topics include:
Greene County Public Library
- Makerspace initiatives
- Creating PPE
- Video instruction
- Sign and floor decal production
- Innovative library services
- Home collections
Dayton Metro Library
- Youth initiatives
- Partnering to provide free food at all 18 library branches
- Shifting the popular in-person Career Adventures Camp online
- Imagine Your Story Reading and Adventure Camp
Lorain Public Library
- Digital inclusion initiatives
- WiFi hotspot distribution to schools
- Chromebook distribution to senior living centers
- Creating a new Library on the Lake
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County Library
- Workforce development initiatives
- Facebook Live Lunch & Learns events
- Providing job search assistance from home
- Diane Farrell, Director of External Relations and Development, Dayton Metro Library
- Mandie Burns, Youth Services Director, Dayton Metro Library
- Cara Kouse, Innovation and Makerspace Manager, Greene County Public Library
- Sam Lewis, Strategic Initiatives Manager, Lorain Public Library
- Keith Armour, Education and Homework Support Manager, Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Learning Objective: Learn how to implement inventive ideas at your library in spite of the current pandemic and the challenges it presents.
Intended Audience: All public library staff.
What’s Included: Participation in the live webinar and/or access to the archived version at a later date, resources (if applicable) provided by the presenters.
NOTE: Webinar invitations and access information will be sent via e-mail. Please check that your correct e-mail address is listed in your my OLC profile page.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this webinar counts as 1.5 continuing education contact hours of credit.
Primary Ohio Public Library Core Competencies Addressed: Innovation and Adaptability