1105 Schrock Rd #440
Columbus, OH 43229
Sponsored by: OLC’s Government Relations Committee
Registration opens in August | Deadline to register 10/17/18.
Member $65* | Non-member $130
*Individual members or staff of OLC institutional member libraries. Enrollment is limited to 30 registrants.
Registration: 9:30 a.m. | Workshop: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Is your library considering going on the local ballot with a new levy, renewing an existing levy, or possibly modifying a levy that’s been in place for some time? This workshop will provide the information you need as you prepare for your ballot initiative, including:
- determining the need and public support for your library levy;
- legal process for placing the issue on the ballot;
- developing the campaign message;
- running the mechanics of a library campaign;
- connecting with the media and developing message strategies; and
- coordinating a lawful campaign.
The format of this workshop will address each of these six points as well as allow time to answer questions.
- Michelle Francis, OLC’s Director of Government and Legal Services
- Tom Adkins, Director, Garnet A. Wilson Public Library of Pike County
- Jennifer Economus, Outreach Specialist, Allerton-Hill Consulting LLC.
Intended Audience: Directors, trustees, public relations staff, and other staff who will be involved in the library’s levy education effort.
What’s Included: All handouts as provided by the instructors; morning coffee, light refreshments and lunch. Each attendee will also receive a copy of OLC’s publication, Ballot Issues Handbook Vol I – Campaigns 101: The Nuts and Bolts.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this workshop counts as four (4) contact hours of credit.
Ohio Public Library Core Competencies addressed in this workshop: Fundraising and Strategic Planning
Accommodations: For a list of hotels in the area please email email@example.com or call 614-410-8092.