COVID-19 and Stress: Mental Health Strategies for Your Patrons and Yourself
We know these are difficult times for everyone, and a very stressful time for our members. The OLC hosted a free webinar today with the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS) on how to cope with anxiety and manage stress during these challenging times. OhioMHAS Bureau Chief of Mental Health Treatment Vicki Montesano and Trauma-Informed Care Coordinator Kim Kehl talked about common stress reactions, how to work with an anxious public, and effective techniques for reducing your stress and anxiety at work and at home.
- Kim P. Kehl, Trauma-Informed Care Coordinator, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Vicki Montesano, Ph.D., Bureau Chief of Mental Health Treatment, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- PowerPoint Slide Deck (PDF)
- Relaxation video (YouTube video)
Five-minute guided meditation for deep relaxation and stress relief.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck! (book mentioned during webinar)
by Mark Manson
- Support Yourself | Support Yourself 12×8
- Leading the Team | Leading the Team 12×18
- Support for Patrons | Support for Patrons 12×8
Ohio’s Trauma Informed Care Regional Collaboratives