Due to COVID-19, this workshop will now be held online.
Campaign-related activities can be overwhelming, but with careful planning and preparation, libraries both big and small can improve their chances of success at the polls. Is your library considering going on the local ballot with a new levy, renewing an existing levy, or possibly modifying a levy that’s been in place for some time? Registration is now open for the OLC’s Ballot Issues Workshop, Thurs., June 18, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.,
at the OLC’s new office in Dublin (495 Metro Place South, Suite 350). This virtual workshop will provide all of the information you need to prepare for your ballot initiative including:
- determining the need and public support for your library levy;
- legal process for placing the issue on the ballot;
- developing the campaign message;
- running the mechanics of a library campaign;
- connecting with the media and developing message strategies; and
- coordinating a lawful campaign
The format of this workshop will address each of these six points as well as allow time to answer questions. The registration fee for the virtual workshop is $40 for members or staff of Institutional Member Libraries ($80 for non-members). The deadline to register is June 11.