Trustees are an integral part of public libraries and the OLC is committed to providing the information and resources to help trustees effectively execute their roles and responsibilities.
The 2019 Library Trustee Workshop
will be held Sat., Mar. 9, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at the Quest Conference Center in North Columbus. Although this workshop is designed for relatively new library trustees, it also serves as a great refresher for trustees no matter how many years of experience.
- Learn how to be an effective Board member and how to work with your library’s director and staff.
- Make sense of your library’s finances and understand how libraries are funded in Ohio.
- Get an update on the latest legislative issues at the Statehouse including the Public Library Fund (PLF).
- Gain a better understanding of the legal questions library trustees often ask.
- Learn more about the services that OLC provides to trustees.
The registration fee is $85 for OLC members or staff/trustees of OLC institutional member libraries (Non-member fee: $170). All attendees will receive a free copy of the Ohio Public Library Trustees’ Handbook
. The full agenda for the workshop is available on the OLC website
- April 4 | Aladdin Shrine Center | Grove City
- April 25 | Holiday Inn Cleveland South | Independence
- May 2 | Stone Ridge Golf Club | Bowling Green
- May 9 | Guernsey County Public Library (Crossroads Branch) | Cambridge
This year’s program will focus on how library trustees and administrators can be effective advocates, particularly as the new state legislature focuses its attention on the next state budget. The OLC staff will provide up-to-the-minute information on the budget process and how library leaders can be effectively engaged in the discussion. The presentation also will include the latest news from the OLC, including the search for the OLC’s next Executive Director. The registration fee is $40 per person.