The Professional Development Committee (PDC) has determined that the OLC will host three major educational events in 2018. The tentative dates and proposed locations include:
- Adult Services and Reference event, May 2018, Northwest Ohio
- Library Management/Supervisor event, June 2018, Central Ohio
- Children/Teen event, September 2018, Central/Southeast Ohio
The PDC is seeking event chairs and planning committee members who have an interest in these areas of library service. Committee members will be responsible for developing the themes for these events, setting the programming focus, establishing timelines, and making the final decisions regarding educational content. While the exact dates and locations are pending, the PDC has put together a map that outlines the general geographic area for each event.
View map (PDF)
If you would like to be considered as a member of one of the planning committees or if you would like to chair a committee, please contact Lori Hensely, OLC Director of Education and Events, no later than Mon., Oct. 9.
All three chairs will be invited to an orientation meeting in late October and must be able to attend the OLC Leadership Conference on Nov. 9 in Columbus.
- Call for Event Chairs and Planning Committee Members | Deadline Oct. 9, 2017
- Orientation for Event Chairs | Oct. 27, 2017 (conference call)
- OLC Leadership Conference | Nov. 9, 2017 | Committee rosters for all three events finalized.