OLC membership is open to any Friends group supporting an Ohio public, academic, business, or special library or branch. For membership purposes, branch libraries are considered individual organizations and, therefore, their Friends groups must remit separate dues. All members of that Friends group are eligible for member benefits, including registration for OLC conferences at member rates. OLC communications are sent to one individual as designated by the Friends group.
Annual Friends membership is $25 for the calendar year.
Benefits of OLC Friends Membership:
- Information on organizational issues, fundraising, membership recruitment, and forming a new Friends groups.
- Discounted registration fees for OLC workshops and conferences, including those on topics of specific interest to Friends groups.
- Access to Members-only sections of the OLC website including news, legislative information, and unit resources.
- Announcements and other mailings deemed of importance to Friends.
- Support of the OLC’s advocacy in working for library legislation and funding and promoting Ohio’s libraries.