2021 James Cook Book Award: Celebrating Diversity in Teen Literature
Nomination period: March 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021
BEFORE you start the online nomination form below, be sure to:
(1) Confirm that your book meets ALL of the award criteria:
- U.S. copyright date of 2019 or 2020
- demonstrates excellence in writing
- contains a teen as one of the main characters
- promotes cultural, ethnic, or social diversity
- wide appeal to a teen audience (grades 6-12)
When composing your nomination statement, please use this specific criteria as a guideline.
(2) Make sure you have:
- Author’s Name
- Full title of the book
- Type of book (fiction or non-fiction)
- Editor(s) if any
- Copyright date (2019 or 2020)
- Contact information for the person submitting the nomination
Please note: Nominations from authors or publishers for their own works will not be accepted.
You must have all of this information on hand before you start the form.
You cannot save the form and go back.