The Small Libraries Division represents the interests of small libraries in Ohio, and provides a forum for administrators, staff members, and trustees to discuss issues of particular concern to small libraries.
Check out our blog – Small Libraries…BIG Ideas!
Betsy Eggers, Coordinator (2017)
Napoleon Public Library
Work: (419) 592-2531
Joseph Knueven, Assistant Coordinator (2017)
Germantown Public Library
Work: (937) 855-4001
Jennifer Ziegler, Secretary (2017)
Defiance Public Library
Work: (419) 782-1456
Amanda Bennett, Past Coordinator (2017)
Ada Public School District Library
Work: (419) 634-9747
Thomas Dillie (2017)
Minerva Public Library
Work: (330) 868-4101
Jim Gill (2017)
Dover Public Library
Work: (330) 343-6123
Nicole Rush (2018)
St. Paris Public Library
Work: (937) 663-4349
Kathleen Webb (2018)
Marvin Memorial Library
Work: (419) 347-5576
Board Liaison: Sandi Thompson
Goals and Objectives
(1) Explore more effective ways to inform and support small libraries throughout the state.
- Introduce Small Libraries Division at New Directors Workshop.
- Survey small libraries to find out their preferred method of delivery of continuing education programs.
- Promote the Administrator Forums to attract more attendees.
- Continue to work with the OLC Human Resources and Trainer Development Division to have a representative discuss HR topics.
- Choose five good locations around the state to make it as convenient as possible for administrators to attend.
- Continue to update the Small Libraries Division blog at least once a month with relevant articles.
- Explore possibility of featuring a small library in the state each month on the blog.
- Increase the focus on marketing the blog to make sure it is reaching a wide audience.
- Develop more content for the OLC Small Libraries division web page.
(2) Offer programs on topics of interest to small libraries at the 2017 Convention and Expo.
- Host a small libraries’ Director roundtable.
- Increase collaboration with other OLC Divisions and Committees to gear program topics toward small libraries.
- Investigate the possibility of holding programs aimed at small libraries on Thursday to make it more convenient for Directors who can only attend one day.
(3) Develop a half day or full day conference for small libraries in 2018.