The Library Accounting Division addresses the interests and continuing education needs of fiscal officers, directors, and others interested in library accounting. The division updates the Ohio Public Library Accounting Handbook and collaborates with the State Auditor’s office to provide library accounting workshops and publications.
Robert Dolan, Coordinator (2017)
Cuyahoga County Public Library
Work: (216) 749-9511
Meldon Brindley, Assistant Coordinator (2017)
Greene County Public Library
Work: (937) 736-7053
Amie Lynn, Secretary (2017)
Massillon Public Library
Work: (330) 832-9831 x315
Sandra Lodge, Past Coordinator (2017)
Licking County Library
Work: (740) 349-5505
Dan Griscom (2018)
Westerville Public Library
Work: (614) 882-7277 x2156
Michelle Stahl (2017)
Paulding County Carnegie Library
Work: (419) 399-2032
Rebecca Stickel (2017)
London Public Library
Work: (740) 852-9543
Veronica Whitacre-Charles (2018)
Henderson Memorial Library Association
Work: (440) 576-3761
Board Liaison: Jeff Winkle
Goals and Objectives
- Present a two-day training session for required annual continuing education as certified by the Center for Public Investment Management (CPIM).
- Provide an annual meeting/orientation about library finances for new library fiscal officers, deputy fiscal officers and/or directors.
- Work with the Auditor of State’s office to address any audit or financial presentation issues.
- Work with the State Library of Ohio to continue to improve the financial and benefits sections of the annual statistical report.
- Increase Library Accounting Division (LAD) membership and recruit new members for the LAD Action Council.
- Produce a document of recommended annual conferences and/or workshops related to government accounting and finance.
- Promote the professional image of library accounting personnel.
- Promote membership and interest in the Library Accounting Division.
- To work with the OLC executive office and appropriate government agencies to develop continuing education for library accounting personnel.
- Provide networking opportunities, both face-to-face and online.
- Provide a means of communication within the state library community.