The Intellectual Freedom Committee is responsible for maintaining OLC’s policies on intellectual freedom and for offering guidance for specific Ohio problems, works with other committees and the OLC Board of Directors as the need arises, and maintains communication and interaction with other groups whose objectives parallel those of OLC in the area of intellectual freedom.
Banned Books Prison Escape Adventure!
Making prisoners out of books is not cool. No one should have to feel like they have to break into a prison in order to read something that they might enjoy. Rescue titles from the Prison for Banned Books in this new adventure game created by the OLC Intellectual Freedom Committee. The game is also available as an Alexa skill.
Check us out on Twitter @!
Isabel Klein, Chair (2017)
Hudson Library and Historical Society
Work: (330) 653-6658
Kaya Burgin, Assistant Chair (2018)
Westerville Public Library
Work: (614) 882-7277 x2125
Jennifer Coventry (2017)
Wadsworth Public Library
Work: (330) 334-5761 x257
Megan Chrusciel (2019)
Westerville Public Libary
Work: (614) 882-7277
Matthew Kish (2018)
Dayton Metro Library
Work: (937) 496-8524
Shayna Muckerheide (2017)
Cleveland Public Library
Work: (216) 623-7012
Chris Thompson (2019)
Delaware County District Library
Work: (740) 549-2665
Lyndsey Williams (2019)
Twinsburg Public Library
Work: (330) 425-4268 x112
Board Liaison: Nick Tepe
Purpose and Objectives
- Create an Intellectual Freedom Training Video for OLC’s website.
- Modify IF committee’s web presence on OLC’s website.
- Continue to assess committee members’ strengths.
- Develop and submit poster and program proposals for the 2017 Convention and Expo.
- In preparation of 2018, engage with other committees and divisions to provide for professional development opportunities.
- Promote Banned Books Week 2017.
- Promote intellectual freedom through regular contributions to Access, Twitter and other viable means.
- Continue to offer intellectual freedom training sessions or educational presentations to member libraries and other organizations as requested.