The Membership Committee develops the OLC’s membership recruitment and retention strategies, advises staff on implementation, and promotes OLC membership in a variety of venues and in conjunction with other Committees and Divisions.
Kristin Baker, Chair (2019)
Portsmouth Public Library –Lucasville Branch
Work: (740) 259-6119
Lexy Kmiecik, Asst. Chair (2019)
Cleveland Public Library
Work: (216) 623-6998
Erin Huffman, Secretary (2019)
Westerville Public Library
Work: (614) 259-5019
Sarah Myers, Student Representative (2019)
Warren-Trumbull County Public Library
Work: (330) 399-8807
Sheila Campbell (2020)
Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
Work: (614) 724-3610
Betsy Eggers (2021)
Napoleon Public Library
Work: (419) 592-2531 x4
SEO Library Consortium
Work: (877) 552-4262
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Work: (513) 665-2809
Wadsworth Public Library
Board Liaison: Laura Lee Wilson
The Membership Committee is composed of a chair, assistant chair and several at-large members. The committee works in conjunction with other unit coordinators and chairs to publicize OLC and its activities.
Goal 1: To effectively retain established members of OLC.
Objective 1.1: Communicate the benefits of OLC membership with current members.
- Develop a schedule to promote membership and membership benefits through monthly ACCESS articles.
- Continue to work with OLC Director of Communications to place Membership Committee information on OLC social media channels. Information may include: reminders to renew OLC membership, benefits of OLC membership, and testimonials regarding OLC member benefits.
Goal 2: To recruit new members to OLC with an emphasis on students.
Objective 2.1: Increase individual membership at libraries in 2019.
- Drawing for $50 referral for new members
- Look for partnership opportunities with other committees to promote membership
- Supply new hire material/letter
Objective 2.2: Promote value of student membership in OLC in 2019.
- Promote ALA/OLC Joint membership through various means.
- Continue presence of Student Member Representative on Membership Committee with a term of 1 year to act as a liaison to the library school students at KSU.
- Student member liaison will investigate possibility of pinning a post promoting OLC/ALA joint membership to blackboard Core Courses and listserv.
- Raffle one free membership for students in Spring 2019.
GOAL 3: To inspire member engagement and inclusion.
Objective 3.1: Communicate opportunities for member participation in the OLC.
- Promote current Get Involved form.
- Post job descriptions of volunteer positions.
- Use ACCESS articles to advertise for action council and committee openings.
Objective 3.2 Encourage experienced members to strengthen connections with members
- Obtain testimonials from successful OLC leaders.
- Create a “Want to be Involved?” webcast or video.
- Continue marketing on social media.
Annual Report (PDF)