JOHN PHILIP OUTREACH AWARD
Recognizes exceptional achievement in library outreach services. John Philip was a consultant with the State Library of Ohio. His responsibilities included the State bookmobile program in Southern Ohio and its successor, Southeast Ohio Library Center. During his tenure, Philip often marveled at the determined efforts of library employees to bring the benefits of libraries to isolated and under served populations. Upon his retirement, this Outreach Award was established and named in his honor. Learn more about John Philip.
Library staff, department, Friend, volunteer, member of the community or library organization.
1) Displays exceptional achievement in library outreach; and 2) Demonstrates true dedication to the philosophy of bringing library programs and services to the under served.
Contact Patricia Dollisch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information about the John Philip Outreach Award.
As a nominator, the success of your nominee rests largely with your ability to answer the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this person or group?
- How has the nominee demonstrated exceptional achievement in library outreach?
- How has the nominee shown true dedication to the philosophy of outreach?
- What has been the impact on the under served and/or the nominee’s community-at large?
In addition, the Committee looks for focus on under served populations in the community. Please consider:
- What was done to reach these groups?
- What was new and innovative?
- Did the outreach work? Was it measurable?
- Did the library partner with other agencies or institutions?
- If grant supported, did the project continue beyond the funding period?
As a nominator, you will need to:
(1) Obtain 3-5 testimonials from:
- Library board
- Library director and/or immediate supervisor
- Library staff
- Community leaders
- Patrons (Testimonials should explain the program’s impact on their lives)
- Past employees as appropriate
- Colleagues past and present
- Coalition and/or project partners (testimonials should highlight direction and leadership provided by the nominee)
Be prepared to upload these testimonials. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB).
(2) Obtain a copy of your Nominee’s resume, curriculum vitae (CV), etc. Copy and paste this information into the online form or upload the document. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB). You can also provide a link to the Nominee’s website or links to articles, news releases, and other supporting documents that demonstrate the nominee’s impact on the library and its outreach services.
Nominations open Jan. 1, 2018.