HALL OF FAME LIBRARIAN
Recognizes a librarian for his/her career achievements.
OLC member; MLIS; and minimum of 10 years experience in Ohio libraries
Career has demonstrated: 1) Sustained leadership; 2) Active participation in local, state, and/or national library organizations; 3) Commitment to the library profession; and 4) Contribution to the community at large.
Contact Michelle Ramsell at email@example.com if you need further information about the Hall of Fame Librarian Award.
As a nominator, the success of your nominee rests largely with your ability to answer the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this person?
- How has he/she displayed sustained leadership in the library profession?
- How has he/she shown a commitment to the library profession?
- How has he/she contributed to the community?
- How has he/she played a role in local, state and/or national library organization?
- How has the nominee gone above and beyond?
At library level?
At community level?
At state level?
At national level?
As a nominator, you will need to:
(1) Obtain 3-5 testimonials from:
- Colleagues, staff, co-workers
- Library board, director and/or immediate supervisor
- Community leaders
- Library patrons
- Project partners
- Past employees as appropriate
Be prepared to upload these testimonials. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB).
(2) Obtain a copy of your Nominee’s resume, curriculum vitae (CV), etc. Copy and paste this information into the online form or upload the document. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB). You can also provide a link to the Nominee’s online biography or LinkedIn profile page.
Nominations open Jan 1. 2019.