OHIO FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY RECOGNITION AWARD
Recognizes a Friends group, regardless of community size, that performs imaginative and effective activities that increase community awareness of its library, support library programs, and promote the mission, vision and core values of the library.
Member, Ohio Friends of the Library
1) Imaginative and/or effective activities; and 2) Activities that increase community awareness of the library, support library programs, and promote the mission, vision and core values of the library.
Contact Tim Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information about the Ohio Friends of the Library Recognition Award.
As a nominator, the success of your nominee rests largely with your ability to answer the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this person or group?
- In what way has the Friend(s) of the library helped to increase community awareness of the library?
- How does this nominee support library programs and promote the mission, vision, and core values of the library?
- Share examples of imaginative and/or effective activities that this nominee has created.
As a nominator, you will need to:
(1) Obtain 3-5 testimonials from:
- Library board
- Library director
- Library staff
- Community leaders
- Community Groups
- Past Employees
- Coalition and/or project partners
Be prepared to upload these testimonials. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB).
(2) Share your Nominee’s list of accomplishments. Copy and paste this information into the online form or upload a document. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB). You can also provide a link to the Nominee’s website or links to articles, news releases, and other supporting documents that demonstrate effective activities.
Nominations open Jan. 1, 2019.