DIANA VESCELIUS EMERGING LEADER AWARD
Recognizes Ohio’s library leaders of tomorrow. This award was created as an acknowledgement of Diana’s enthusiasm, and active and creative contributions to the library profession.
OLC member; MLIS or library school student; 35 years or younger or worked 5 years or less in libraries.
Individual career demonstrates future leadership potential by demonstrating an outstanding commitment to the profession, including advocacy in special areas such as intellectual freedom, library innovation, outreach, and/or expansion of library services.
Contact Amy Abernathy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information about the Diana Vescelius Emerging Leader Award.
As a nominator, the success of your nominee rests largely with your ability to answer the following questions:
- Why are you nominating this person?
- How has the nominee expanded his/her career to show future leadership potential?
- How has the nominee shown a commitment to advocacy in special areas such as intellectual freedom, library innovation, outreach, and/or expansion of library services?
- What impact has the nominee had on the library and the community?
- How has he/she shown an outstanding commitment to the library profession?
At library level?
At community level?
At state and/or national level?
As a nominator, you will need to:
(1) Obtain 3-5 testimonials from:
- Colleagues, staff, co-workers
- Library board, director and/or immediate supervisor
- Community leaders
- Library patrons
- Project partners
- Past employees as appropriate
Be prepared to upload these testimonials. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB).
(2) Obtain a copy of your Nominee’s resume, curriculum vitae (CV), etc. Copy and paste this information into the online form or upload the document. PDF format preferred (max. file size: 1MB). You can also provide a link to the Nominee’s online biography or LinkedIn profile page.
Nominations are now closed.