Kimber Fender, Chair (2015)
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Tom Adkins, Committee (2016)
Garnet A Wilson Public Library of Pike County
Beverly Cain, Ex Officio (2015)
State Library of Ohio
Molly Carver, Committee (2016)
Karl Colon, Committee (2015)
Greene County Public Library
Work: 937-352-4000 x1201
Nancy Currie, Committee (2017)
Madison Public Library
Heidi Daniel, Committee (2016)
Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County
Tim Hagen, Committee (2015)
Tiffin-Seneca Public Library
Stephen Hedges, Ex Officio (2015)
Pamela Hickson-Stevenson, Committee (2016)
Akron-Summit County Public Library
Patrick Losinski, Committee (2015)
Columbus Metro Library
Justin Mayo, Committee (2017)
Washington County Public Library
Work: 740-373-1057 x223
Bill Morris, Ex Officio (2015)
State Library of Ohio
Joseph Palmer, Committee (2017)
Mansfield-Richland County Public Library
Michael Penrod, Committee (2015)
Wood County District Public Library
Work: 419-353-9506 x224
Rachel Rubin, Committee (2015)
Bexley Public Library
William Rutger, Committee (2017)
Ashland Public Library
Work: 419-289-8188 x17
MaryJane Santos, Committee (2016)
Delaware County District Library
Eric Taggart, Committee (2016)
Coshocton Public Library
Felton Thomas, Committee (2017)
Cleveland Public Library
Andrew Mangels, Board Liaison
Purpose and Objectives
The primary function of the Government Relations Committee is to serve in the best interest of Ohio's public library community in regards to all legal and legislative matters.
To that end, the GRC:
- Maintains a legislative network to work with library directors around the state to ensure a complete and consistent local grassroots advocacy effort.
- Monitors and examines all information that has the potential to impact the Public Library Fund, supporting any issue that would increase state funding for public libraries.
- Makes recommendations to the Ohio Library Council Board of Directors regarding legislation to be submitted to the Ohio General Assembly.
- Explores collaboration opportunities that will lead to more efficient and effective public library service.
- Provides legislative recommendations to the Local Government Collaboration and Reform Commission that will further encourage collaboration between library systems.
- Strongly supports OPLIN and its efforts to provide services to Ohio's public libraries.
- Reviews proposed changes to the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS), supporting legislation which ensures stability of the fund while maintaining fair benefit levels, and communicating as much information as possible regarding OPERS to all OLC members.
2014 Goals and Objectives
2013 Annual Report
Government Relations Information