Kimber Fender, Chair (2013)
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Tom Adkins, Committee (2013)
Garnet A Wilson Public Library of Pike County
Julie Brooks, Committee (2014)
Beverly Cain, Ex Officio (2013)
State Library of Ohio
Karl Colon, Committee (2013)
Greene County Public Library
Work: 937-352-4000 x1201
Jim Crawford, Committee (2013)
Lakewood Public Library
Nancy Currie, Committee (2013)
Madison Public Library
Alan Hall, Committee (2014)
Public Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County
George W S Hays, Committee (2013)
Stephen Hedges, Ex Officio (2013)
Pamela Hickson-Stevenson, Committee (2013)
Akron-Summit County Public Library
Timothy Kambitsch, Committee (2014)
Dayton Metro Library
Patrick Losinski, Committee (2013)
Columbus Metro Library
Ryan McDonnell, Committee (2015)
Marysville Public Library
Bill Morris, Ex Officio (2013)
State Library of Ohio
C. Allen Nichols, Committee (2014)
Wadsworth Public Library
Joseph Palmer, Committee (2013)
Mansfield-Richland County Public Library
Michael Penrod, Committee (2015)
Wood County District Public Library
Work: 419-353-9506 x224
Rachel Rubin, Committee (2015)
Bexley Public Library
Mary Jane Santos, Committee (2013)
Delaware County District Library
Eric Taggart, Committee (2013)
Coshocton Public Library
David Jennings, Board Liaison
Purpose and Objectives
The primary function of the Government Relations Committee is to serve in the best interest of Ohio's public library community in regards to all legal and legislative matters.
To that end, the GRC:
- Maintains a legislative network to work with library directors around the state to ensure a complete and consistent local grassroots advocacy effort.
- Monitors and examines all information that has the potential to impact the Public Library Fund, supporting any issue that would increase state funding for public libraries.
- Makes recommendations to the Ohio Library Council Board of Directors regarding legislation to be submitted to the Ohio General Assembly.
- Explores collaboration opportunities that will lead to more efficient and effective public library service.
- Provides legislative recommendations to the Local Government Collaboration and Reform Commission that will further encourage collaboration between library systems.
- Strongly supports OPLIN and its efforts to provide services to Ohio's public libraries.
- Reviews proposed changes to the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS), supporting legislation which ensures stability of the fund while maintaining fair benefit levels, and communicating as much information as possible regarding OPERS to all OLC members.
2012 Annual Report
Government Relations Information