Jaime Declet, Chair (2015)
Cleveland Public Library, Jefferson & South Branch
Garrette Smith, Assistant Chair (2015)
Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Kacie Armstrong, Committee (2016)
Euclid Public Library
Work: 216-261-5300 x101
Madeline Corchado, Committee (2016)
Clevleand Public Library
Faith Hairston, Committee (2015)
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
David Hepp, Committee (2016)
Marion Public Library
Erik Johansen, Committee (2015)
Westerville Public Library
Work: 614-882-7277 x2188
Meg Delaney, Board Liaison
Purpose and Objectives
The Committee is responsible for recommending ways in which OLC can address diversity as it relates to the library profession in general and to the Ohio library community in particular. Aspects of diversity include age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation and ethnicity. Through training, speakers, workshops, and publications, the Committee serves as a resource on diversity to the Council and its membership.
- Continue to provide timely, excellent programs, web resources and other educational opportunities to promote inclusion and diversity awareness.
- Continue to create a presence at the OLC New Directors and Trustees programs in 2012
- "Rebrand" diversity awareness to have a stronger and more appealing presence at OLC programming and events.
- Continue to develop, update and promote the Diversity website (http://www.olc.org/diversity) as the premier diversity resource for libraries and library staff.
- Continue to check on usage of website through Ohionet
- Develop ways to market the website more effectively
- Continue to explore other possibilities such as Ohio Board of Education and State Library.
- Continue to publish articles in Access newsletter.
- Provide programming ideas for 2012 online educational opportunities and chapter conferences.
- create a database consisting of past program offerings as well as a folder of past publications.
- Develop promotional materials to enhance diversity awareness and to communicate committee projects and offerings
- Continue to update our professional quality brochure describing the Diversity Committee and highlighting our website and other projects.
- Continue to distribute our brochure in the new member kit and at the New Directors and Trustees workshops.
- Collaborate with OLC units, libraries and external organizations and agencies involved in efforts to promote inclusion
- Continue to explore collaboration with partners including GLSEN - Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, Global Issues Resource Center, Heights Community Congress, etc.
2014 Goals and Objectives
2013 Annual Report
Diversity Awareness and Resources Web site